Posted on

What to do When Exposed to Asbestos?

removal in the Newcastle asbestos

Trying to understand the exact exposure time to asbestos is always a tricky business. However, it is still recommended to try giving it a shot in order to understand the exposure time to asbestos. Moreover, if you see asbestos inside your home, then you shouldn’t try touching it. You should consider hiring a professional to get rid of it in a safe manner. When it comes to calling a professional, it depends on two factors.

  1. To Contain Asbestos – Professionals do not remove asbestos directly. They first do an inspection to understand the condition. The professional may prefer to contain the asbestos rather than remove it completely. Containment of asbestos is a temporary solution.
  2. To Remove Asbestos – If the condition of the asbestos is bad, then the professional will remove it making it a permanent solution.

Since asbestos removal is a tricky business, the professionals need to have skills, knowledge and experience. Due to this reason, it is recommended not to touch this material.

If you think you’ve been exposed to asbestos, then the best thing to do next is to visit a doctor. The doctor will recommend you undergo a few tests like CT scans and X-rays. These scans will reveal the condition of the lungs and not the presence of asbestos. Also, remember that a single visit to the doctor isn’t enough. Make sure you keep seeing your doctor if the condition worsens related to symptoms like chest pains, breathing difficulty, blood while coughing etc.

Make sure you always hire the best company when it comes to asbestos removal in the Newcastle region.