Posted on

ADR A Growing Trend In Settling Disputes Without Litigation

Alternative dispute resolution includes the use of dispute resolution procedures in addition to the legal process. ADR usually involves the use of arbitration, mediation, or mini-proceedings.

Cheaper and faster than the legal process, this process is increasingly being used in commercial and labor disputes, divorce petitions, claims and dispute resolution, and other possible legal disputes. There are some companies like stat11 Inc that provide the best ADR services in Canada.

In the early 2000s, ADR became increasingly popular as plaintiffs, lawyers, and judges agreed that it could help resolve disputes faster, cheaper, and more privately than traditional litigation. Many reformers also see ADR as a creative tool that focuses more on problem-solving than process management based on competing models.

Because alternative dispute resolution is so effective, only about 5 percent of all cases actually go to court, while the remaining 95 percent are settled out of court or out of court. Which is an alternative to today's norm.

The most common practices are arbitration and mediation. Therefore, neither method takes a long time. In short, mediation or arbitration provides a forum for the parties to resolve their dispute with the help of a neutral third party. 

Mediation depends on the disputing parties determined to resolve the issue on their own. The mediator never imposes a decision but brings both parties into the conversation until an agreement is reached.

The more interesting and less well-known ADR procedure is the mini procedure in which either party can take the case as normal procedure, except that the case is not heard by a judge but is "punished" by a judge in court. abbreviated form. This procedure is often used for complex mixed legal issues and issues such as product liability, heavy construction, and antitrust cases.